Tuesday, March 1, 2016

Being More Present #SOL16 Day 1


Each day in March I will be participating in the Slice of Life Writing Challenge.

I had to take a sick day from school today to take my 18-month-old daughter Grace to several doctor appointments yesterday.  I look at this picture and wonder where time has gone.  How has my little girl grown up so fast? 



Gracie is getting fitted for glasses. She was born ten and a half weeks early so the doctors have been keeping a close look (pun intended!) at her vision and if it is improving. And it's not improving so glasses here we come! (Side note, I'm not sure if she will keep them on and I'm a little worried  

My one little word that I have chosen for myself this year is present. I need to be more present in the moment. Spend less time on my phone or in a book, and more time observing what's around me. While we were at the eye doctor, I looked over at Gracie sitting on my husband's lap and saw this! She looks like a big girl. Not a baby anymore, but a toddler. This was a reminder to me to put my phone down...after I snapped this adorable picture, and take in every little detail. This stage will be over before I know it, so I just want to soak it in. 


4 comments:

  1. What a cutie. Time passes so quickly. I've been lamenting the fact that my grandgirls (2 of 3) are in double digits. Where did the time go? Love your OLW, such a good word.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great OLW! I think we all need to be more present. Thank you for the reminder. And your little one is a cutie!
    My blog is aggiekesler.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to the Slice of Life story challenge! Writing each day will also help you be more present. My daughter just turned 12. When I first sliced, she was inspired to blog too. Enjoy her age and your writing too this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time does fly! I hope these slices help you to be present in your life and tuck away moments to reflect on later.

    ReplyDelete