Monday, March 7, 2016

#SOL16 Day 6: Life Happened



I'm a tad disappointed in myself. This weekend was intense with a tot who was feeling under the weather. Since the later part of last week, Grace wasn't sleeping through the night. She would wake up around 3 crying and we would bring her in our bed.  It's a habit I really don't want to start, but we were desperate!

I think this all goes back to the Great Toddler Hunger Strike we are experiencing. She's not eating enough at dinner and this is making her wake up in the middle of the night.  Luckily, we had success last night. I put her down at around 8, but she woke up an hour later. I gave her some whole milk and she went back to bed and slept till 6:30 this morning! (Luckily I am off today for Pulaski Day!)

I'm hoping we are seeing a trend of sleeping through the night.  I have been debating about looking into essential oils and possibly try some of those. She has a runny nose again and I'm not sure if it's a cold or allergies.  I'm just hoping we can get some normal sleep this week!  So that's why I was off the grid :o) I was dealing with a fussy toddler!

5 comments:

  1. Oh, so tough for everyone. I hope you can find some relief and sleep! Essential oils are great, as our chiropactor visits. I see no problem with pulling into bed. That time passes so quickly and before you know it, they prefer their own bed. (My 6 year old preferred the couch last night to our bed, when she wasn't feeling well).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fussy tots are rough on everyone. I hope you find some sleep for everyone. I love essential oils and use them daily. I also see no problem with pulling her into your bed. We occasionally did that with our daughter and it never became a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fussy tots are rough on everyone. I hope you find some sleep for everyone. I love essential oils and use them daily. I also see no problem with pulling her into your bed. We occasionally did that with our daughter and it never became a habit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang on there...they eventually move on...I agree about pulling her in your bed...My daughter at 12 will sometimes do a "sleepover" with me where we stay up late reading and then fall asleep. I miss those small cuddle sleep days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pulaski Day, I know that day. My friend would have it off when she was teaching. Hope everyone is on the mend.

    ReplyDelete