Thursday, March 3, 2016

Thankful Thursday #SOL16 Day 3

I was reading a Slice of Life blog and the author (I wish I would have saved it!) was reflecting on being thankful. I know from personal experience how easy it is to slip in a negative/complaining mindset. I do not like staying there. The post that I had read was about thankfulness and I loved it. I had bought a gratitude journal a while back, but have fallen out of the habit of using it. So I am thinking I will use my Thursday blogs to post about what I am grateful for. The biggest thing I am grateful for is my family. My husband is amazing and so supportive. I've been trying to get back on a clean eating kick and he is supporting me 100% and even suggested I try a new studio for spin. Which I am absolutely loving! It's spin with weights. I am also grateful for my daughter Gracie. She is just amazing with everything she has overcome being born 10 weeks early. She makes me laugh and smile so much. I'm amazed at what she learns everyday. I am also grateful for my mom and dad. We have been through so much as a family (see this blog post if you want to find out more!) They are amazing grandparents to Gracie, and she is so lucky to have them. They have helped my little family out in so many ways, and I am beyond grateful and lucky to have them!

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for the reminder. I have a gratitude journal too. It is in the drawer of my night table. No matter how hard I try, I never write in it every night. I will make a point to get it out tonight and write in it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing down what you are thankful for is such a simple way to remind ourselves what is truly important in our lives. Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Writing down what you are thankful for is such a simple way to remind ourselves what is truly important in our lives. Thank you for sharing your story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do the Sunday Seven as my gratitude post. I think writing about your gratitude is a powerful reminder! I think you will find the Thursday posts to be your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I do the Sunday Seven as my gratitude post. I think writing about your gratitude is a powerful reminder! I think you will find the Thursday posts to be your favorite.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Graditude is so important. That's why I love the idea of Thursday Thankfuls. I so needed it yesterday and the day before.

    ReplyDelete